Cognos 10 Error DPR-ERR-2088 The requested Server Group ' ' does not exist

So you got a DPR-ERR-2088 The requested Server Group ' ' does not exist? I got mine during first startup after upgrading from Cognos BI 8.4 to Cognos 10... So read all the available solutions on line, restarted things, cleaned up stuff- nothing. System wakes up without errors and portal shouts DPR-ERR-2088 The requested Server Group ' ' does not exist!

But the original setup never had any groups defined. I even did a Content Store DB restore and fired up version 8.4 to make sure that was the case. Also cleaned up CMCAPACITY table and rid it of all the old entries (you can just delete all rows from that table while the system is down and while starting up the Content Managers will be re-registered into CMCAPACITY).

OK, so nothing works. I still see DPR-ERR-2088 The requested Server Group ' ' does not exist in fron of me. Let me just grab a coffee and think about this for a while. Come back in five minutes... It works...

So eventually I noticed, that this is a freakish way that Cognos 10 starts up. Just give it a few moments after start up of services and DPR-ERR-2088 should disappear.

3 comments:

Rajesh said...

yes I agree, I too got the same error.

Anonymous said...

I get it as well--I have opened a ticket with IBM--I will let you know what comes of it. In the past, I normally have only seen DPR-2088 in concert with DPR-2077 (report service unavailable for pid xxxx) where a BIBus expires but jobs are still being sent to it. This requires a bugfix. I know this existed from 8.4 - 10. You may therefore want to scan your logs for these other signs. HTH, Dave R

Anonymous said...

You r awesome,..Rajesh
Thanks for this.. I was trying to resolve this issue from the past 3 hours.

Post a Comment